March 31, 2019, marks the 24th year of Ker & Downey in the United States as a worldwide tour operator. We are proud of our history and reputation built over years of dedicated service from our team of travel professionals. Our attention to detail and highly-individualized itineraries have garnered acclaim both in the tourism industry and among clients, who keep coming back to explore more of the world with us.
Over the last 24 years, we’ve done a lot of growing. Not only has our team grown in numbers, but we’ve also branched out around the world, seeking out the places and experiences that evoke the same feeling of wonder as our roots in luxury African safaris. Today, Ker & Downey operates in over 80 countries on the world’s seven continents.
Across those dozens of destinations, we are more committed than ever before to supporting the communities that make up our travel portfolio. Our giving back network ranges from schools to job skills to wildlife conservation, and every trip directly supports these efforts. Nets For Africa has handed out more than 90,000 insecticide-treated mosquito nets to impoverished communities in Uganda and Kenya since its inception.
Just a few of our highlights over the years include:
- Organizing travel for a client list that includes Grammy-award winning artists, Fortune 500 company executives, former White House officials, all-star athletes, best-selling authors, and film and television creatives recognized on camera and behind the scenes
- Five journeys named to National Geographic Traveler’s 50 Tours of a Lifetime – Path of the Polynesians, Uncovering Alexander’s Egypt: A Desert and Diving Expedition, Australia Dreamtime, Splendors of the Cape, and Namibia Explorer
- Voted No. 1 by Travel + Leisure in the 2015 World’s Best Awards for Top Safari Outfitter
- Our Nets for Africa program was named to the Short List for the PURE Life Experiences Award for Community Engagement
- Consistently voted in the top 10 Best Luxury Tour Operators and Best Safari Operators in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards
- Named to Virtuoso, Signature Network, Safari Pros, and TravellerMade industry consortiums
- Picked as one of National Geographic Adventure Magazine’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth” and “One of the Best Outfitters on Earth” in the Luxury category
- Earned accolades from Seven Star Global Luxury, Concierge.com, Luxury Link, Outside Magazine, and more
Since day one, Ker & Downey’s goal always has been to provide clients with a flawlessly-arranged and authentic journey that they’ll remember for a lifetime. As we move forward to our next 24 years, we promise to continue offering our clients the same level of service they’ve come to know and love from Ker & Downey while looking for new and innovative ways to support our clients during the planning process and while they are traveling. Some ways we are doing that this year are:
- Starting May 1, 2019, Global Rescue medical and evacuation services will come standard on every Ker & Downey journey
- New integrated software will make the trip planning process smoother
- A new travel app will keep all of your travel information at your fingertips while traveling
We’re looking forward to the next 24 years and beyond. Thanks for sharing the journey with us!
Start planning your journey with us by contacting a Ker & Downey designer. We’re excited to see where you want to go.