We've scoured the globe to find the absolute best travel experiences around the world. Whether you're looking for a little adventure like helicopter flights over some of the most scenic landscapes in the world, or yachting in the Caribbean, we've got you covered. You'll also find some experiences that only happen once a year and historical and cultural tours everyone should experience once in their lives. No matter where you want to go, we have a travel experience you'll love. These are the absolute best travel experiences around the world.
Top Travel Experiences in Europe
- Meet one of the riders at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna and watch a performance from the VIP lounge. Afterward enjoy a privately guided tour through the stables and the tack room.
- Visit the battlefields and cemeteries honoring the incredible sacrifices of Allied forces to stop the German advance during the Battle of the Bulge with a World War II specialist.
- Take flight in a helicopter over Plitvice National Park and its 16 lakes, Croatia’s natural masterpiece. Then land inside the park for a private picnic lunch inside its wonders.
- Hunt for truffles in the beech forests of Romania with specialized dogs and guides. Afterward, sip on a glass of wine while a chef prepares a meal using the foraged truffles.
- Take in a concert hosted by famed Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli in his hometown of Lajatico, Italy, at the Teatro del Silenzio (Theater of Silence). The theater, built in 2006, is an open-air amphitheater surrounded by the Tuscan hills, and once every July, the Teatro del Silenzio hosts a concert by Bocelli, then remains silent the rest of the year.
- Score a tee time at one of the most prestigious golf courses in Scotland or Ireland.
Top Experiences in Africa and the Middle East
- Enjoy the 23 karat gold cappuccino at Le Café in the Emirates Palace.
- Visit the 4,000 resident flamingos at Al Wathba Wetlands Reserve. Then stay at Jumeirah Al Wathba Spa & Resort for more desert activities and relaxation at the Talise Spa.
- Go wine tasting at Golan Heights Winery or Pelter Winery in Israel.
- Head out on a safari with an expert wildlife photographer who will teach you how to get the perfect shot.
- Track the desert-adapted black rhino in Namibia from Onduli Ridge.
- Explore Kigali's emerging fashion scene with a tour to the designer boutiques.
- Meet with the Hadzabe indigenous group in Tanzania, considered to be one of the last hunter-gatherer tribes in Africa.
- From Cape Town, fly into the interior of Antarctica to the world’s most remote hotel at White Desert. While here, trek to the nearby ice tunnels and fly to an emperor penguin colony of 6,000 birds and their young chicks.
Top Experiences in Central and South America
- Between June and September, travel off the beaten path to explore Lençois Maranhenses in Brazil. Indeed, the national park is nearly 600-square-miles of seasonal freshwater blue and emerald green lagoons and shape-shifting sand dunes.
- Charter a luxury skippered yacht along the Caribbean coast of Colombia to see the country’s many colonial jewels.
- Go stargazing in Chile's Atacama Desert.
- Visit the distillery, vineyards, and mansion of Peru's Hacienda La Caravedo, the oldest working distillery in the Americas and the place where the awarded Pisco Porton is produced.
- Go glamping in the jungles of Petén. Then explore the nearby Owl Caves, see the Yaxha archaeological site at sunset, and catch a private helicopter to Mirador.
- Embark on a trek or horseback ride along the wild coastline of Cabo Polonio with its huge, shifting sand dunes, impressive seal and sea lion colonies, and migrating whales. After a seafood lunch at a local seaside restaurant, visit the lighthouse and sea lions reserve, one of the biggest ones in the world, before continuing the day at a charming family-owned working cattle and sheep estancia nearby.
Top Travel Experiences in Asia and Oceania
- Set off to explore the back country of Mossman Gorge with a river drift and snorkeling adventure. While here, keep your eyes open for fish, turtles, and the elusive platypus.
- Stay at Mr. Mulligan Lodge in Queenstown. The working cattle farm offers a ton of classic Aussie activities meant to broaden your appreciation of the outback.
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef on a privately chartered catamaran.
- Hop on a Vespa for a tour sampling the local street food in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Pamper yourself with a docent-led tour and customized spa/beauty treatment at Sulwhasoo Flagship Store in Seoul.
- Explore Luang Prabang with a UNESCO expert.
- Take a walking tour of Shanghai’s French Concession with an expert in Art Deco architecture.
Top Experiences in North America
- Hike through the Narrows of Zion National Park. Indeed, the slot canyon hike takes you along the banks and in the Virgin River to the narrowest section of Zion Canyon.
- Go wolf tracking in Yellowstone's famed Lamar Valley with a wildlife expert.
- Zoom through Vancouver's Juan de Fuca Straight in search of the resident killer whale pods.
- Experience a special land and fire feeding ceremony with the Dene people, who have lived in Canada's Northern Territories for centuries.
- Go glamping along the Grand Canyon's South Rim.
- Stay at Camp Sarika by Amangiri for an intimate, return-to-the-wild experience in Utah.
- Snorkel at night with Kona's manta rays.
- Gain backstage access on Broadway to meet a cast member and learn about the inner workings of the show.
- For even more North American travel inspiration, check out our top 8 All-American experiences.
For even more inspiration, be sure to check out our list of romantic experiences around the world. To add one of these top travel experiences to your next journey, contact a Ker & Downey designer. Additionally, for even more daily travel inspiration, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.