We've scoured the globe to find the absolute best travel experiences around the world. Whether you're looking for a little adventure like helicopter flights over some of the most scenic landscapes in the world, or yachting in the Caribbean, we've got you covered. You'll also find some experiences that only happen once a year and historical and cultural tours everyone should experience once in their lives. No matter where you want to go, we have a travel experience you'll love. These are the absolute best travel experiences around the world.
Top Travel Experiences in Europe
- Meet one of the riders at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna and watch a performance from the VIP lounge. Afterward enjoy a privately guided tour through the stables and the tack room.
- Visit the battlefields and cemeteries honoring the incredible sacrifices of Allied forces to stop the German advance during the Battle of the Bulge with a World War II specialist in Belgium.
- Charter a private yacht in Croatia to go island hopping through the enchanting Dalmatian Islands, of which there are more than 1,200.
- Take flight in a helicopter over the Balearic Islands in Spain.
- Go hunting for the Northern Lights in Iceland in a SuperJeep.
- Hunt for truffles in the beech forests of Romania with specialized dogs and guides. Afterward, sip on a glass of wine while a chef prepares a meal using the foraged truffles.
- Step back in time with a Vintage Citroen vehicle tour of Paris, followed by a private, after-hours treasure hunt inside the Louvre.
- Witness the famed sunset of Santorini from a secret, secluded spot, with a glass of wine and a private concert.
- Fly above the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia in a private hot air balloon.
- Take in a concert hosted by famed Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli in his hometown of Lajatico in Tuscany at the Teatro del Silenzio (Theater of Silence) in July.
- Score a tee time at one of the most prestigious golf courses in Scotland or Ireland.
Top Experiences in Africa and the Middle East
- Enjoy the 23 karat gold cappuccino at Le Café in the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
- Visit the 4,000 resident flamingos at Al Wathba Wetlands Reserve. Then stay at Jumeirah Al Wathba Spa & Resort for more desert activities and relaxation at the Talise Spa.
- Go wine tasting at Golan Heights Winery or Pelter Winery in Israel.
- Head out on a safari with an expert wildlife photographer who will teach you how to get the perfect shot.
- Track the desert-adapted black rhino in Namibia from Onduli Ridge.
- Explore Kigali's emerging fashion scene with a tour to the designer boutiques.
- Meet with the Hadzabe indigenous group in Tanzania, considered to be one of the last hunter-gatherer tribes in Africa.
- From Cape Town, fly into the interior of Antarctica to the world’s most remote hotel at White Desert. While here, trek to the nearby ice tunnels and fly to an emperor penguin colony of 6,000 birds and their young chicks.
Top Experiences in Central and South America and the Caribbean
- Search out the famous jaguars of the Pantanal on a luxury safari in Brazil.
- Enjoy a rum and chocolate tasting with a professional sommelier in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Charter a private sailing vessel along the coast of Belize.
- Go stargazing in Chile's Atacama Desert.
- Experience a soul-enriching Pachamama (Mother Earth) ceremony in the Sacred Valley of Peru, followed by a surprise gourmet picnic in the middle of nowhere.
- Monitor sea turtles in Costa Rica to help contribute to their conservation.
- Visit the San Juan village near Lake Atitlán for a backstrap weaving demonstration and lesson by the Tz’utujil women.
- Experience a classic car ride through Havana’s neighborhoods and along its seaside avenue, the Malecon.
- Learn the art of tango at a private tango lesson in Buenos Aires, followed by an exclusive tango show and dinner.
- Meet the local fisherman of the Galapagos Marine Reserve to understand the tricks of the trade while exploring the sea and discovering her creatures.
- Snorkel among the ruins of a shipwreck site in the Dominican Republic.
- Stay on a private island paradise off the coast Boca Chica in Panama.
- Embark on a trek or horseback ride along the wild coastline of Cabo Polonio with its huge, shifting sand dunes, impressive seal and sea lion colonies, and migrating whales.
Top Travel Experiences in Asia and Oceania
- Set off to explore the back country of Mossman Gorge in Australia with a river drift and snorkeling adventure. While here, keep your eyes open for fish, turtles, and the elusive platypus.
- Stay at Wharekauhau Country Estate on North Island, New Zealand, for the ultimate in high end luxury farm experiences.
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef on a privately chartered catamaran.
- Hop on a Vespa for a tour sampling the local street food in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Pamper yourself with a docent-led tour and customized spa/beauty treatment at Sulwhasoo Flagship Store in Seoul, South Korea.
- Explore Luang Prabang with a UNESCO expert.
- Take a walking tour of Tokyo's Ginza district with an expert on architecture or upgrade to a personalized shopping tour in Ginza's designer boutiques.
Top Experiences in North America
- Hike through the Narrows of Zion National Park. Indeed, the slot canyon hike takes you along the banks and in the Virgin River to the narrowest section of Zion Canyon.
- Go wolf tracking in Yellowstone's famed Lamar Valley with a wildlife expert.
- Zoom through Vancouver's Juan de Fuca Straight in search of the resident killer whale pods.
- Experience a special land and fire feeding ceremony with the Dene people, who have lived in Canada's Northern Territories for centuries.
- Go glamping along the Grand Canyon's South Rim.
- Stay at Camp Sarika by Amangiri for an intimate, return-to-the-wild experience in Utah.
- Snorkel at night with Kona's manta rays.
- Gain backstage access on Broadway to meet a cast member and learn about the inner workings of the show.
- For even more North American travel inspiration, check out our top 8 All-American experiences.
For even more inspiration, be sure to check out our list of romantic experiences around the world. To add one of these top travel experiences to your next journey, contact a Ker & Downey designer. Additionally, for even more daily travel inspiration, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.