Southern Europe’s warm shores and bold flavors excite the senses at every turn. Europe’s rich and famous have long flocked to the white sand beaches and idyllic islands of Italy and Greece, while foodies the world over are discovering the internationally lauded creations of Spain and the lesser known delicacies of Slovenia. Ker & Downey takes you away from the crowds to the luxury getaways, exclusive villas, and remote shores of these cultural and natural paradises. The region’s mild climates are truly made for year-round travel, and Ker & Downey is your guide to the highlights of each season.
- High | June to August and holidays | $1,300 per person per day | special rates apply during Christmas and New Year Holiday
- Low | December to March (except holidays) | $1,100 per person per day
- Shoulder | April to May, September to November | $1,200 per person per day
- Italy’s wine harvest is July to August.
- Italy’s Palio di Siena is held every year in July and August, and the Italian Riviera’s Monte Carlo Fireworks Festival is hosted in July.
- Spain has many festivals in the shoulder and high seasons. Basque Country’s Aste Nagusia usually takes place in August.
- The best time for mushroom foraging in Catalonia is October.
- Portugal, especially Lisbon, flaunts perfect weather all summer. The cool breezes off the Atlantic make even the warmest days feel pleasant.
The Ker & Downey Difference
- Private gullet to sail the Italian coasts.
- Guided explorations of Italy’s northern castles.
- Exclusive-use villas in Spain and Italy.
- Luxury island-hopping like a celebrity off the coast of Greece.
- Get behind-the-scenes VIP access to festivals in the region.
- Have private, after-hours access to Spain’s finest museums and atelier shops.
- Reservations at some of the top Michelin-starred restaurants in the world, including Spain’s El Celler de Can Roca.
- Enjoy gourmet indulgences in Slovenia.
- Embark on exclusive yacht holidays in Croatia.
Find out why this romantic region has inspired and enchanted artists, travelers, and dreamers for hundreds of years. Walk among the sun soaked vineyards at Italian harvest time, dance the Spanish nights away among the young and beautiful, embark on an exclusive yacht holiday in the Adriatic, and follow the Aegean coastline in search of luxury and ancient history. The warmth of the Southern European cultures shines in the sun on the warm waters and the robust vitality of the people. Contact your Ker & Downey luxury travel consultant to begin crafting your own itinerary.