Luxury Travel Consultant Tiffany DeSalvo travels to South Africa and shares her top five Cape Town highlights you should add to your next Ker & Downey journey.
Luxury Travel Consultant Tiffany recently traveled to South Africa. While she was there, she spent several days exploring Cape Town and the surrounding area. Here are her top 5 Cape Town highlights that you should add to your journey to “The Mother City,” South Africa’s biggest must-see destination.
1. Have a drink at the rooftop bar at the newly opened Silo Hotel. It’s a beautiful place to sip a cocktail and take in the views of the city. Insider tip: if you are staying at the hotel, there’s no reservation needed, but outside guests need to make a reservation. Our Ker & Downey Luxury Travel Consultant can help you make those arrangements.
2. Take a walk along Camps Bay Beach to Cafe Caprice for a sun-downer on the promenade.
3. Visit the Saturday “Neighbourgoods Market” at the Old Biscuit Mill for a leisurely morning that feels wholly local.
4. Go off the beaten path and explore some of the less-trodden trails at Cape Point. They avoid the crowds but offers some truly stunning scenic views.
5. Have a meal – lunch or an early dinner – at the Potluck Club, run by Chef Luke Dale Roberts, the same chef of The Test Kitchen, and conveniently located right next door. The Pot Luck Club is situated on the top floor of the silo at the Old Biscuit Mill and has great views of Cape Town.
Need some more inspiration for a journey to Cape Town? Check out our suggested itineraries here.
Ready to book a flight to Cape Town? Contact your Luxury Travel Consultant to start planning your South African journey today. Stay up to date on all our online content by following us on Facebook and Twitter.