Central America’s tropical appeal makes it a year-round destination for the whole family. Explore ancient Mayan ruins, colonial Spanish cities, authentic local coffee farms, and unforgettable jungle wild life. Alternatively, simply sink your toes into sandy beaches while you watch the region’s surf-ready waves roll in. Known for its relaxed pace, affable people, and verdant landscapes, Central America is the perfect getaway for a spontaneous holiday or an in-depth exploration of culture, customs, and cuisine.
$1,000 per person per day (Special rates apply during Christmas and New Year Holiday)
$850 per person per day
$950 per person per day
- The water on the Pacific Coasts is generally cooler with larger waves than the Caribbean coast.
- The best time to see wildlife is during the wet season, January through March.
- Northern and southern hemisphere humpback whales can be spotted off the Pacific coast almost year round as they pass through the region. December through April and August through December are the prime migration seasons, while November through March are ideal around Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Turtles are on view in Costa Rica year round, with most species nesting October through March.
- In Tortuguero on the Caribbean coast, leatherback and loggerhead sea turtles nest in the summer.
- Whale Sharks are most visible from June through September on Isla Mujeres and the Yucatán Peninsula, and from September through October along the Baja Peninsula.
- The Monarch Butterfly Migration takes place from November through March in Michoacán and the State of Mexico.
- Seasons in Central America are determined by the currents. While the tropical regions are always ready for visitors, the chilly Humbolt current brings cool weather in October. By March, the Panama current has warmed the region. Rains have become less predictable, and any oceanic disturbance, such as El Nino, will affect the climate.
The Ker & Downey
- Private helicopter excursions and transfers in Guatemala, Honduras, and Belize.
- Ecologist-led explorations through the region’s natural landscapes.
- Visits with renowned Maya archaeologists and their rarely-seen excavation sites.
- Private workshops in the homes and studios of artisans in up-and-coming design communities in Mexico City and Oaxaca.
To get up close to wildlife and ancient ruins, Central America might have the highest rate of experience per capita. Its small size means that guests don’t have to choose between adventure and a relaxing day on the beach. In Central America, you can have it all. Contact your luxury travel consultant to begin planning your own custom itinerary.