The fascinating city of Amman brings to life the richness of history while also developing a reputation for ultra-modern society and culture. As the capital of Jordan, Amman is a unique blend of old and new, ideally situated on a hilly area between the desert and the fertile Jordan Valley. Almost half of Jordan’s population is concentrated in the Amman area, and for good reason. You can enjoy the Roman Theater, shopping malls, Downtown (or “Balad” as it is called), museums, parks, and the Wakalat Street shopping district, among others.
Custom Journeys to Amman
- Stroll down Wakalat Street
- Sunset view near the Citadel
- Visit the ancient Roman Theater
- See the Roman-era Nymphaeum
- Byzantine Churches from the fifth and sixth centuries