Ker & Downey’s standard terms and conditions can be found here. Please read these terms carefully as the conditions apply to all our small group tours, with the exceptions detailed below.
Confirming Your Participation
- A 25% advance payment is required at the time of confirmation.
- This small group tour requires a minimum of six (6) paying clients in order to operate. However, it can operate with four (4) paying clients with a $700 per person supplement. In the event that we do not meet the minimum number of clients by our closing date of September 27, 2022, we will refund your advance payment to the original payment method within 30 days.
- On September 28, 2022, the advance payment becomes non-refundable. At this time, we will forward it to our local partners to meet their deposit requirements.
Final Payment and Cancellation – December 2022 Terms and Conditions
- Ker & Downey will collect your final payment 90 days prior to travel. Your departure manager will send you a reminder for the final amount prior to this date.
- If you do not submit the final payment on time, we reserve the right to consider your participation canceled. In this event, the cancellation charges laid out below will go into effect.
Payments and Cancellation: Cancellation penalties imposed by Ker & Downey suppliers are stringent and are per person for land tour arrangements. The following cancellation terms apply effective as of the date Ker & Downey receives written notice of cancellation as to the land tour portion only:
- 25% advance payment
- 91 or more days prior to travel: Fully refundable less a $250 per person admin fee;
- 90 to 61 days prior to travel – 25% of tour cost;
- 60 to 31 days prior to travel – 50% of tour cost;
- 30 days or less prior to travel – 100% of tour cost to include handling fee and liquidated damages for Ker & Downey
Note: Cancellation/changes on flights issued by Ker & Downey are subject to the terms of the airline. Air Ticketing Fees are non-refundable
Special conditions for COVID-19
- Travel insurance is a requirement for participation in all small group tours hosted by Ker & Downey. Your departure manager will send you a quote for travel insurance through our preferred partner, Allianz.
- If you have a preferred travel insurance provider, you are welcome to purchase coverage from another source.
- In this case, please ensure that the policy purchased covers COVID-19 cancellation reasons.
- After the closure date, Ker & Downey will only refund advance payments if cancellation is required due to legitimate COVID-19-related travel restrictions.
- If you become unable to travel due to legitimate COVID-19-related travel restrictions or COVID-19-related illness, Ker & Downey will refund you the maximum amount allowed by our local partners, minus administrative fees.
- Legitimate COVID-19-related travel restrictions and COVID-19-related illness refer to:
- Travel bans imposed for any duration of the travel dates in the country of origin, transit, or destination. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or United States Department of State travel advisory does not constitute a travel restriction.
- Enforced quarantine periods on arrival in the country of origin or destination
- Prevention from boarding a flight or entering Cuba on account of health screening results
- A paying traveler testing positive for COVID-19 up to 30 days prior to travel
- A paying traveler coming into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 7 days before travel
- None of the above statements negates the requirement for all travelers to hold comprehensive travel insurance.
Conduct and Behavior
- When participating in a small group tour hosted by Ker & Downey, you agree to be bound by all rules and guidelines established by Ker & Downey, our representatives, and your accompanying Ker & Downey host.
- We reserve the right to terminate your participation if:
- you are abusive, either verbally or physically, of others
- your behavior causes disruptions
- your physical condition negatively impacts the other guests’ enjoyment of their tour
- No refund will be provided in the event of terminated participation, and Ker & Downey will accept no liability for your terminated participation.
- Ker & Downey is not responsible for additional costs for you if a decision is made to terminate your participation due to disorderly conduct.
- Any damage or loss caused by your disorderly conduct will be your responsibility. Full payment for such damage or loss must be paid directly to the affected party before you depart. You indemnify Ker & Downey for the full amount of any claim, including legal costs, made against us.
Health and Safety on the Small Group Tour
- Participation in Ker & Downey’s small group tours is at your own risk.
- Any activity included in your journey may involve risk of injury or death. By participating in these activities, you incur and assume all risks.
- Ker & Downey is not qualified to evaluate your ability to participate in the small group tour. Please consult your medical professional before confirming your participation if you are concerned about your fitness level.
- Ker & Downey will assume no liability or responsibility for any damages resulting from your participation in any activity on the tour.
- Ker & Downey will include a release of liability form in your documentation. You must sign and return it at the time of confirmation.
Changes to the Confirmed Itinerary or Cancellation by Ker & Downey
- Ker & Downey will make every effort to operate this small group tour as planned.
- However, Ker & Downey reserves the right to make alterations to the itinerary as it deems necessary.
- Ker & Downey also reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the tour for any reason. If a cancellation becomes necessary, Ker & Downey will offer alternate arrangements. We may at our sole discretion offer travel credits or refunds in accordance with the previously outlined cancellation policy.
- You are responsible for any additional costs for air tickets or other arrangements not included in the small group tour.
- Ker & Downey recommends that you limit your luggage to one carry-on item as claiming checked luggage in Havana can often add several hours to the arrival experience.
- Although our partners will make every effort to handle your luggage with care, we are not responsible for lost or damaged luggage or personal effects due to breakage, theft, or fair wear and tear through hotel, airline, and ground transportation handling.
Travel Document Requirements
- Ker & Downey will endeavor to provide you the most accurate information regarding passport validity requirements, visa fees, reciprocity fees, affidavits, immunizations, and any other requirements for entry into each country on your small group tour.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your travel documents meet all requirements and to pay for all tourist cards and fees not listed under the inclusions of the small group tour.
- Ker & Downey will not be responsible or liable for your failure to comply with all entry requirements and restrictions and no refund will be made should this occur.
Travelers Who Need Special Assistance
- Our local partners do their best to accommodate special dietary requests from travelers. However, given the limited menus at several paladares, we cannot guarantee that all partners can cater to all dietary requests.
- If you have special dietary requests, please report them to your departure manager at the time of confirmation. They will share this information with our local partners as soon as possible. Where necessary, we may require additional information or feedback.
- Ker & Downey and our local partners cannot provide special assistance for mobility issues such as walking, wheelchairs, motorized scooters, or other personal needs. We regrettably must inform all interested participants that this small group tour cannot accommodate guests who require a wheelchair or motorized scooter due to limited facilities in the destinations.
- If Ker & Downey or our partners cannot reasonably accommodate your needs or otherwise believe that your health and safety could be at risk during the tour, we reserve the right to refuse your participation.
Photography and Video On Tour
- Ker & Downey may use photographs and/or video taken on your small group tour by other guests, your Ker & Downey host, or professional photographers for use in promotional materials, including but not limited to print, internet, and social media.
- If you prefer that Ker & Downey not use your likeness for any marketing or promotional purposes, please inform your departure manager at the time of confirmation.