Ho Chi Minh City
Located on the southern tip of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City sits on the banks of the Saigon River and the shore of the South China Sea. Formerly Saigon, this Vietnamese city was the site of the capital of the Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam). Although no longer the capital, it is still the largest city in Vietnam, boasting over nine-million residents.
While in Vietnam with Ker & Downey, take some time to explore the Reunification Palace. This was the historic site of South Vietnam’s Presidential Palace, where in 1975, tank #843 — a replica of which is now parked on the lawn outside — crashed through the palace gates and ended the war. Exlpore the religious pagodas, Ho Chi Minh City Museum, or Notre Dame Cathedral, a French-built Catholic cathedral in the city center.
Custom Journeys Begin with Expert Planning
On this incredible journey through a historic country, you’ll uncover the best of Vietnam on a 10-day north-to-south jaunt through the country’s rich history and culture in places like Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Hue, Hoi An, and the fabled Ho Chi Minh City. … Read more
The splendor of the region’s history and culture unfolds before you on this 20-day journey as you discover Vietnam’s royal dynasties, the ancient mysteries of the Khmer civilization, the peaceful spirituality of Laotian monks and the melding of the old world with modern society in Bangkok. … Read more
- Historical city tours including the Reunification Palace, the Cu Chi Tunnels and the War Museum
- Visit Cholon, the Chinese district of Ho Chi Minh City
- Experience the vibrant Dam Sen Cultural Park's water attractions and gardens
- Witness true Saigon life on an early-morning tour
- Step back in time with a Vietnamese war veteran
- Discover the lush green countryside and its local life on a full-day cruise through the Mekong Delta
- Attend the colorful mass at the Cao Dai Temples in Tay Ninh