Whispers of Africa – Luxury in the Bush
This incredibly romantic South African getaway explores the best of the Big Five in luxurious game lodges, including an amazing up close experience with African elephants.
- Day 1: Arrive Johannesburg / The Saxon
- Day 2: Madikwe Game Reserve / Madikwe Hills (B,L,D)
- Day 3: Madikwe Game Reserve / Madikwe Hills (B,L,D)
- Day 4: Madikwe Game Reserve / Madikwe Hills (B,L,D)
- Day 5: Sabi Sand Game Reserve / Leopard Hills (B,L,D)
- Day 6: Sabi Sand Game Reserve / Leopard Hills (B,L,D)
- Day 7: Sabi Sand Game Reserve / Leopard Hills (B,L,D)
- Day 8: Timbavati Private Game Reserve / Kings Camp (B,L,D)
- Day 9: Timbavati Private Game Reserve / Kings Camp (B,L,D)
- Day 10: Johannesburg / Departure (B)
Begin your journey with an overnight in The Saxon, tucked away in a tranquil and quiet suburb of Sandhurst, Johannesburg. Head off on safari into the Madikwe Private Reserve at Madikwe Hills to experience Big Five game viewing like no other in a malaria-free zone. Look forward to richly appointed accommodations and incredible scenery on your three night stay.
The next part of your safari takes you to the luxurious Leopard Hills for three nights, then finally, round off your journey in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve at Kings Camp. On your way to the Timbavati from Sabi Sand, you will stop in Hazyview at Elephant Whispers, where you will meet a herd of semi-habituated elephants. After your lunch under the shady trees, you will have the opportunity to interact with these gentle giants and then embark upon a short ride with an experienced handler at the helm. You will end up in Kings Camp for the night, where you will spend the remainder of your time enjoying amazing sightings in the Timbavati.
Land price from: $12,170 per person
- (Based on double occupancy)
Domestic and international airfare additional
- Price is based on low season
- Price may vary depending on date of travel.
Customize This Journey
Choose additional countries and destinations, change property selections, add activities, tours, and more. With Ker & Downey, the choice is yours – just ask your travel expert!