Forts and Palaces
From the resplendent palaces to the rugged wonders of the medieval forts, explore India’s Forts and Palaces on this unforgettable 16-day journey. With local historians, you will uncover the beauty of India’s famed palaces and massive fortresses, from the modern cities to the peaceful desert.
- Day 1: Arrive Delhi / Imperial Hotel
- Day 2: Delhi / Imperial Hotel (B)
- Day 3: Agra / Oberoi Amarvillas (B,D)
- Day 4: Jaipur / Oberoi Hotel Rajvilas (B,D)
- Day 5: Jaipur / Oberoi Hotel Rajvilas (B,D)
- Day 6: Pushkar / The Orchard (B,L,D)
- Day 7: Bikaner / Gajner Palace (B,D)
- Day 8: Bikaner / Gajner Palace (B,D)
- Day 9: Jaisalmer / The Serai Desert Camp (B)
- Day 10: Jaisalmer / The Serai Desert Camp (B)
- Day 11: Manvar / Manvar Desert Camp (B,D)
- Day 12: Jodhpur / Umaid Bhawan Palace (B,D)
- Day 13: Jodhpur / Umaid Bhawan Palace (B,D)
- Day 14: Udaipur / Leela Palace Kempinski Udaipur (B,D)
- Day 15: Udaipur / Leela Palace Kempinski Udaipur (B,D)
- Day 16: Depart Udaipur (B)
Begin your journey in Delhi at the Leela Palace Kempinski, staying comfortably in the largest hotel rooms in the city. Tour the distinct areas of Old and New Delhi, from the quaint markets to the manicured landscaping and colonial architecture installed by the British Empire. Set off next for an evening in Agra and an extended tour of the ancient Agra Fort and the magnificent Taj Mahal.
Depart for the Pink City of Jaipur and the Oberoi Rajvilas. There, you will tour the Amber Fort and the Jaipur City Palace, making time to shop in the colorful bazaars. Travel next to the edge of Pushkar, one of India’s holiest Hindu pilgrimage sites, to spend a day swathed in The Orchard’s luxury canvas tents and extensive gardens. The Gajner Palace, a former hunting lodge, is your next destination. Spend your time enjoying the neighboring wildlife sanctuary and the migrating birds resting on Gajner Lake, mere minutes away from the desert town of Bikaner and the finest camel stock in Rajasthan.
Travel further into India’s Great Thar Desert next to enjoy the simple tented luxury of The Serai Desert Camp in Jaisalmer. The impressive golden sandstone of the Jaisalmer Fort and the opulent haveli mansions are yours to cherish in the ancient city. Stop next in Manvar on your way to Jodhpur for splendid tented accommodations and extrordinary desert adventures at Manvar Desert Camp.
Upon arrival at Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace’s sprawling terraces and manicured grounds will welcome you into the lap of luxury. Visit the Menrangarh Fort that towers over the city and walk the narrow streets lined with homes and shops, painted in Jodhpur’s signature blue. Arrive next in the Venice of the East, Udaipur, where the Leela Palace Kempinski Udaipur is your lakeside retreat as you explore the City Palace and Lake Pichola before your departure.
Land price from: $10,885 – $13,185 per person
- (Based on double occupancy)
Domestic and international airfare additional
- Price is based on low season
- Price may vary depending on date of travel.
Customize This Journey
Choose additional countries and destinations, change property selections, add activities, tours, and more. With Ker & Downey, the choice is yours – just ask your travel expert!