Ecuador: The Amazon and Andes
The countryside of Ecuador comes to life on this picturesque nine-day journey. Discover the rural villages outside of Quito, the Amazon’s lush jungle, and end at the doorstep of the Andean Highlands.
- Day 1: Arrive Quito / Casa Gangotena
- Day 2: Otavalo / Hacienda Zuleta (B,L,D)
- Day 3: Otavalo / Hacienda Zuleta (B,L,D)
- Day 4: Otavalo / Hacienda Zuleta (B,L,D)
- Day 5: Amazon / Hamadryade Lodge (B,L,D)
- Day 6: Amazon / Hamadryade Lodge (B,L,D)
- Day 7: Quito / Casa Gangotena (B)
- Day 8: Cotopaxi / Hacienda San Agustin de Callo (B,L,D)
- Day 9: Cotopaxi / Hacienda San Agustin de Callo (B,L,D)
- Day 10: Departure (B)
Casa Gangotena welcomes you to your first night in Ecuador, staying on the edge of Plaza San Francisco in an historic hotel. Continue north of Quito to Hacienda Zuleta, a working farm and 17th-century estate nestled in the Northern Andes. Enjoy the pastoral charm of the region with activities at the farm, day trips to local Indian markets, and incredible hikes into the mountains.
The Upper Amazon Basin is next, with the contemporary bungalows of Hamadryade Lodge cradling you amidst the trees for the next two nights. Embark with native guides to discover the secrets of the rainforest, including Quechua cultures who have lived in harmony with the forest for generations.
Journey into the Andes for the remainder of your time in Ecuador, staying on the edge of Cotopaxi National Park. On the site of a former Inca fortress and enjoying fantastic views of Cotopaxi Volcano, Hacienda San Agustin de Callo is your base from which to explore the park and the surrounding Highlands. Birders will thrill at the chance to see the Andean condor, and the history of the hacienda itself will fascinate every guest.
Land price from: $7,535 – $8,120 per person
- (Based on double occupancy)
Domestic and international airfare additional
- Price is based on low season
- Price may vary depending on date of travel.
Customize This Journey
Choose additional countries and destinations, change property selections, add activities, tours, and more. With Ker & Downey, the choice is yours – just ask your travel expert!