China’s Scenic Wonders
From the ancient and modern wonders erected by man, to those formed long before man settled along the Yangtze, China’s Scenic Wonders are stunning and plentiful. Travel with Ker & Downey to the country’s most modern metropolises, and witness the isolated beauty of the southwest, where a more relaxed way of life is still the norm.
- Day 1: Arrive Beijing / The Peninsula Beijing
- Day 2: Beijing / The Peninsula Beijing (B,L)
- Day 3: Beijing / The Peninsula Beijing (B,L)
- Day 4: Xi’an / Hotel Sofitel Xi’an (B,L)
- Day 5: Xi’an / Hotel Sofitel Xi’an (B,L)
- Day 6: Chengdu / Shangri-la Hotel Chengdu (B,L)
- Day 7: Lijiang / Banyan Tree Lijiang Resort (B)
- Day 8: Lijiang / Banyan Tree Lijiang Resort (B)
- Day 9: Lijiang / Banyan Tree Lijiang Resort (B,L)
- Day 10: Shanghai / The Peninsula Shanghai (B)
- Day 11: Shanghai / The Peninsula Shanghai (B,L)
- Day 12: Shanghai / The Peninsula Shanghai (B,L)
- Day 13: Departure (B)
Begin in Beijing, China’s sprawling capital city and home to the two most famous symbols of ancient and modern China: the Forbidden City palace and Tiananmen Square. Spend a day outside of the city at the Great Wall of China in the mountainous area of Jinshanling, there the walls constructed centuries ago dramatically ascend the craggy landscape. The Peninsula Beijing hotel is your base from which to explore other city sites before transferring to Xi’an. Here, stay at the Hotel Sofitel Xi’an and visit the wonders of the city – including the massive City Wall and Wild Goose Pagoda – and the army of Terracotta Warriors buried in the countryside unknown until the 1970s.
Transfer next to Chengdu in the heart of panda country and take a day trip to the Bisheng Gorge Panda Sanctuary. In addition to witnessing the incredible rehabilitation and conservation efforts of the sanctuary, guests have the opportunity to play with young pandas to help their socialization, and bottle feed even younger pandas. Continue further into the rural areas of China and stay in the opulent Banyan Tree Lijiang Resort, hidden in the shadow of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. You will set off with your guide to discover this pristine countryside, defined by undulating hills and untouched lakes, where humble Nxai villagers still live in relative seclusion.
Return to city life in Shanghai, China’s most populous city – for the last few days of your journey. From your accommodations on the Huangpu River, The Peninsula Shanghai, set off to see the mixture of colonial architecture in the Bund and the towering modern skyscrapers of the Pudong district. Enjoy a boat ride through the canals of Zhouzhuang and stroll through the gardens at Suzhou on your final day in China.
Land price from: $13,475 per person
- (Based on double occupancy)
Domestic and international airfare additional
- Price is based on low season
- Price may vary depending on date of travel.
Customize This Journey
Choose additional countries and destinations, change property selections, add activities, tours, and more. With Ker & Downey, the choice is yours – just ask your travel expert!