A South American Journey
Your 15 day adventure begins in Lima and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Discover mystical Machu Picchu, the rich culture and people of Quito, and finally, experience a Darwinian odyssey along the volcanic beaches of the Galapagos and cruise the islands in style onboard the M/Y Grand Odyssey.
- Day 1: Arrive Lima / Miraflores Park Hotel
- Day 2: Sacred Valley / Sol y Luna Lodge & Spa (B)
- Day 3: Sacred Valley / Sol y Luna Lodge & Spa (B,L)
- Day 4: Machu Picchu / Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge (B,Br,D)
- Day 5: Cusco / Hotel Monasterio (B,L,D)
- Day 6: Cusco / Hotel Monasterio (B)
- Day 7: Quito / Casa Gangotena (B)
- Day 8: Quito / Casa Gangotena (B,L)
- Day 9: Quito / Casa Gangotena (B,L)
- Day 10: Galapagos Islands / M/Y Grand Odyssey (B,L,D)
- Day 11: Galapagos Islands / M/Y Grand Odyssey (B,L,D)
- Day 12: Galapagos Islands / M/Y Grand Odyssey (B,L,D)
- Day 13: Galapagos Islands / M/Y Grand Odyssey (B,L,D)
- Day 14: Quito / Casa Gangotena (B)
- Day 15: Quito / Departure (B)
Begin your journey with a jaunt in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where ancient ruins illicit feelings of wonder and awe from all who visit them. Board the Hiram Bingham, and travel to Machu Picchu in luxury, enjoying fascinating scenery on your leisurely journey train ride through the Andes. The ruins of the Lost City are truly spectacular in their Andean setting, high above the Urubamba River, and your visit to the citadel is made complete when you overnight at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, the only hotel to be located at the actual site.
Journey back to Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, to discover the captivating history of this beautiful city. Here, enjoy the comforts of the Hotel Monasterio, one of South America’s finest luxury accommodations.
After exploring the wonders of Peru, continue your journey in Quito, Ecuador, where you will spend a few days exploring the city and surrounding region from your base at Le Parc Hotel, a chic and modern boutique hotel in the heart of La Carolina district. Discover the Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world, and experience the famed Otavalo Market, where you can shop for traditional textiles and crafts amid incredible Andean scenery.
Then, it is on to the Galapagos Islands and a four-night cruise aboard the M/Y Grand Odyssey. Explore the islands with an expert guide and discover the curious creatures and amazing volcanic landscape of Darwin’s Enchanted Islands on what will truly be the experience of a lifetime.
Land price from: $12,480 per person
- (Based on double occupancy)
Domestic and international airfare additional
- Price is based on low season
- Price may vary depending on date of travel.
Customize This Journey
Choose additional countries and destinations, change property selections, add activities, tours, and more. With Ker & Downey, the choice is yours – just ask your travel expert!